MBBS in Georgian American University (GAU)
Private Georgian American University (GAU) is a university with its main campus in Tbilisi. The university, which was founded in 2001, provides a variety of undergraduate and graduate programs in a number of academic fields, including medicine, business, law, computer science, social sciences, and humanities. The multicultural student body at GAU contributes to the school’s vibrant and diverse learning environment.
Georgian American University's MBBS program
A top-notch MBBS program is available at Georgian American University (GAU) for students interested in a career in medicine. Students from all over the world are drawn to the program because it is taught in English and is designed to meet international standards.
Modern amenities are available on the university’s medical campus, which includes a fully functional hospital for in-depth clinical training. Students benefit from a rich learning experience thanks to the faculty members’ extensive training and expertise in their fields.
Graduates of the GAU MBBS program are qualified to apply for licensure and practice medicine in many nations around the world because it is accredited by numerous international medical organizations. Additionally, the university provides eligible students with a variety of scholarships and financial aid options, making it an affordable choice for pursuing an MBBS degree.
Why Study MBBS at Georgian American University?
Students interested in a career in medicine should consider Georgian American University (GAU) for a number of reasons, including the following:
- Recognition from International Medical Organizations: The Medical Council of India (MCI) and the World Health Organization both recognise the MBBS programme at GAU (WHO).
- High-Quality Education: GAU offers a top-notch medical education, taught by qualified faculty, with a focus on research and hands-on training.
- Modern Infrastructure: The university’s medical campus is outfitted with cutting-edge infrastructure, including a fully functional hospital for in-depth clinical training.
- Affordability: GAU makes pursuing an MBBS degree an affordable option by providing numerous scholarships and financial aid options to qualified students.
- Multicultural Community: The multicultural community at GAU, which is made up of students from all over the world, fosters a diverse learning environment.
- International Possibilities: Graduates of GAU’s MBBS programme are qualified to apply for licensure and practise medicine in many nations around the world, opening up international prospects for their medical careers.
About Tbilisi City
Georgia’s capital city, Tbilisi, is situated in the country’s eastern region. It is the largest city in Georgia and one of the oldest continuously inhabited cities in the world, with a history that dates back to the fourth millennium BC. The city has a population of over 1.1 million.
Traditional Georgian architecture coexists peacefully with contemporary structures and infrastructure in the cosmopolitan city of Tbilisi, which has a rich cultural heritage. The city is surrounded by picturesque mountains and is situated on both sides of the Mtkvari River, providing stunning views.
The following requirements must be satisfied by applicants in order to be accepted into the MBBS programme at Georgian American University (GAU):
- Academic Requirements: Candidates must have successfully completed secondary school (12 years of instruction) or an equivalent programme with a minimum of 50% in Physics, Chemistry, and Biology.
- English Language Proficiency: Candidates whose mother tongue is not English are required to provide results from reputable English language exams like the TOEFL or IELTS in order to prove their proficiency in the language.
- Minimum Age: Candidates must be 17 years old by the end of the admission year.
- Valid Passport: Candidates must be in possession of a current passport.
- Medical Fitness: Applicants must be in good health and present a medical certificate attesting to their readiness to enrol in the MBBS programme.
The GAU admission test, which covers subjects like physics, chemistry, biology, and english, must be passed by applicants.
The Georgian American University’s (GAU) MBBS programme has the following admission requirements:
- Submission of Documents
- Application Fee
- Admission Test
- Admission Offer
- Visa Application
List of documents
- Academic transcripts
- Passport copy
- English language proficiency test scores
- Medical certificate
- Admission test scores
- Application form
- Visa documents
Additional documents such as financial statements and letters of recommendation may also be required.
Life at GAU
Academic excellence and cultural immersion are two aspects of life at Georgian American University (GAU) that are uniquely combined. With cutting-edge labs, modern facilities, and highly qualified faculty, GAU offers a welcoming learning environment. The university offers a variety of extracurricular activities that enable students to interact with one another and the local community. These activities include sports, music, and cultural events.
The rich cultural heritage of Georgia, including its history, art, and cuisine, is available for study by GAU students. The capital city of Tbilisi has a lot to see, like theatres, galleries, and museums. The city’s thriving nightlife and abundance of eateries and cafes offer the ideal environment for mingling with friends and fellow students.
Hostel & Accommodation
Students at Georgian American University (GAU) have access to hostel accommodations. The university offers single- and double-occupancy hostels with contemporary furnishings and all the necessities, including beds, desks, wardrobes, and chairs. The shared bathrooms, kitchens, and common areas allow for student interaction and relaxation.
GAU helps students find suitable off-campus housing, such as apartments and shared flats, in addition to on-campus dorms. The university’s housing office assists students in locating suitable housing, haggling over rental agreements, and resolving any problems that may come up.
The price of lodging varies according to location and type of lodging. The on-campus hostels at GAU, however, provide students with inexpensive housing options. The university’s location in Tbilisi offers a wide range of off-campus housing options, from low-cost to upscale apartments.
Frequently Asked Question (FAQs)
GAU offers a range of undergraduate, graduate, and doctoral programs in various fields, including medicine, law, business, social sciences, and humanities.
Yes, GAU is accredited by the Ministry of Education, Science, Culture and Sport of Georgia and recognized by international organizations, such as the World Health Organization (WHO) and the Medical Council of India (MCI).
The language of instruction at GAU is English.
Applicants must have completed their 12th grade or equivalent with a minimum of 50% marks in Physics, Chemistry, and Biology. They must also have a valid score in NEET or any other equivalent entrance exam.
The MBBS program at GAU is a six-year program, including one year of internship.
Yes, GAU offers scholarships based on academic performance, financial need, and other criteria. Students may also be eligible for government scholarships or financial aid.
The cost of living in Tbilisi is relatively low compared to other European cities. Accommodation, transportation, and food are affordable, and students can enjoy a good standard of living at a reasonable cost.
Graduates from GAU have a range of career options, including employment in multinational companies, government agencies, and research institutions, or pursuing further education. The university provides career services to assist students in finding suitable job opportunities.